Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With more than 358,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The Regional Incident and Problem Manager will work with and complement Accenture’s core Operations Center Service Management team by performing two distinct functions within this single role:
- Incident Manager – Through support and collaboration with the Operations Center Incident Management team, the Regional Incident Manager will have oversight of Incidents assigned to that region and will support Incident resolution through the application of local knowledge and expertise. The Incident Manager will also play a pivotal role in the escalation and resolution of Critical Severity 1 and High Priority Incidents within their region.
- Problem Manager – adheres to the clients Reliability (Problem Management) process in order to minimize the adverse impact of Incidents and Reliability events on the business. Through support and collaboration with the Operations Center Problem Management Team, the Regional Problem Manager will oversee performance of the process from a regional perspective to ensure effective investigation, diagnosis and resolution of the underlying cause of an Incident (or Incidents) and thereby prevent or reduce future Incidents.
- Oversee Incidents within the region and drive to resolution by ensuring the necessary actions are undertaken.
- Ensure adherence to client required notification and escalation procedures as defined in the Operations and Procedures Manual.
- Assist with coordination of Incident resolution efforts between necessary parties and maintain the necessary relationships with these parties (e.g. on-site technicians, third party vendors, external telecom service providers).
- Support and collaborate with the Operations Center Incident Management team on Critical Severity 1 and High Priority Incidents for own region. Also provide assistance as required to facilitate communication with the Client’s Global Command Centre (GCC) and the Accenture GCC as necessary.
- Regularly monitor the status of open Incidents within the region and ensure these are progressed towards resolution within required service level commitments.
- Facilitate the resolution of aged tickets (from the queue), with the Operations Center Incident Management Team
- Facilitates the escalation process where necessary for resolution.
- Supports escalation on behalf of the client to the applicable OEM’s experts for fault resolution.
- Support identification of frequently asked questions by the user community and ensure these are published in the Knowledge Base.
Problem Manager (Reliability)
- Support and collaborate with the core Operations Center Problem Management team on Reliability tickets within region, ensuring standard processes are consistently followed, tickets are correctly prioritized, action plans are followed up and progress updates are communicated to client stakeholders and Accenture leadership.
- Track and report on the frequency and impact of recurring Incidents within region.
- Represent Incidents in the daily Reliability meetings as required.
- Support identification and triage Reliability events.
- Support Root-Cause Analysis Process..
- Monitor and communicate Reliability status.
- Perform trend analysis and reporting for region.
- Provide the expected resolution time for outstanding Reliability events.
- Support the identification of weaknesses or potential weaknesses in the data infrastructure, component reliability and availability.
- Perform creative analysis revealing trends that lead to the identification of specific (potential) Reliability areas that need further investigation.
- Participate in the semi-annual review of the Incident documentation and Reliability process.
- Report to the Regional Lead for Region Specific SM and daily Line Management activities
- Functional Reporting to Global Service Assurance Lead.
- Functional Objectives shall be defined by GSAL.
- External Relationships: Internal and external technical teams, vendors.
- Client relationships with key stakeholders within client IT as well as the business.
- Operational relationships with Accenture technical teams, sub-contractors and client third parties.
Your Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
· Customer service skills and client focus.
· Strong problem-solving skills.
· Good understanding of industry standards such as ITIL Version 3 or equivalent with a focus on Incident Management and Problem Management.
· Minimum of 5 years’ Service Management experience.
· Strong communications skills including the ability to communicate technical information using non-technical language.
· Comprehensive verbal and written communication skills in English.
· Understanding of network technologies utilized within an Internet/Intranet environment.
· Understanding of TCP/IP and other networking protocols is essential. Knowledge of Virtual Private Network (VPN) technologies is desirable.
· Understanding of networking concepts and components (DNS, DHCP, proxy, switches, routers, etc.).
· Experience with Cisco routers & switches.
· Previous experience or aptitude to be successful in an Administration and Operations capacity.
· Basic understanding of Network Monitoring tools and concepts.
· Working knowledge of telecommunication infrastructures.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Additional language skills local to region
· Ability to remain calm and courteous in periods of stress.
· Ability to work on several problems or issues simultaneously.
· Ability to work with a broad range of experience levels.