Collaboration is crucial to bring about social change. Working closely with our 10 strategic partners, everything we do is powered by the skills, knowledge and personal commitment of our people. Whether it is helping to boost the professional integration of vulnerable groups in society or finding more environmentally responsible ways to work... We’re in it for the long-term.
Skills to Succeed
Business consulting with a social purpose, pro bono is 100% focused on professionalizing and increasing the impact of our social partners. It’s also an amazing learning school and a different way to develop new skills.
- Accenture’s partnership with Ashoka is supporting Belgian social entrepreneurs to further professionalize their activities and re-think their business plans in order to accelerate their impact.
- A three-year pro bono Salesforce implementation at YouthStart has helped to radically improve its efficiency enabling it to focus on its core mission of helping disadvantaged youngsters enter the world of work.
- With Groupe One, an Accenture team has developed a digital toolbox in the Cloud that entrepreneurs can use to increase their financial management skills as they develop sustainable products and services (ecological food production, urban agriculture, urban logistics, B2B and B2C services, waste management, and eco products).
Giving something back to society is high on my personal agenda, so it’s great Accenture offers us the opportunity to also work with pro bono clients. Not that these projects are any less challenging content wise!
Sara (Senior Manager)
Volunteering is a social thing. Ranging from a few hours to several days, it’s a great way to share your experience, meet new people and discover different perspectives.
- Each year, Accenture volunteers join forces with our partner Maks plus teams from Securex, Nestlé, Freshfields and other companies to offer a one-day Discover Your Talent coaching session to 100 young job seekers in central Brussels.
- With our partner Profo, our volunteers regularly help youngsters in part-time studies to boost their chances of finding a job in coaching sessions at our offices where we teach them presentation skills and how to make the right career choices.
- Through our partnership in the Connect2Work program, our volunteers are coaching highly educated migrants and newcomers to find a job at level in Belgium. 40% have already been successful!
GIVING THROUGH YOU
Each year, Accenture supports social projects our people are involved in, above and beyond their daily jobs. Discover what Cagri, Lionel, Méta, Xavier, Cyril and François-Xavier are achieving in Belgium, Africa, Turkey and Indonesia.
With Accenture’s Giving Through You funding, we can accelerate the impact we are already having in Burkino Faso!
Through our partnership in the MicroWorld platform Accenture supports micro-entrepreneurs around the globe to develop their businesses. By making small loans, our people provide a much-needed lifeline to fledgling businesses that don’t have access to traditional sources of funding.
In 2017, we accelerated the impact we are having by teaming up with our Fit At Work program in the MOVE Challenge : a one-year collective target of 250,000 km (running, walking, cycling…) registered by our people that will be translated into a major Accenture loan. Top contributors win Discovery Passes that they can loan to micro-entrepreneurs of their choice via the MicroWorld platform.
ACCENTURE DEVELOPMENT PARTNERSHIPS
Accenture Development Partnerships (ADP) is a pioneering ‘Corporate Social Enterprise’—created by Accenture employees in 2003—as a vehicle to channel Accenture’s skills and capabilities to the development sector at substantially lower market rates than in the private sector. ADP is a sustainable model based on a true partnership—one that delivers impact for our clients, and also yields benefits for our people and our business. ADP currently has projects all over the world open to interested Accenture employees.
VOLUNTARY SERVICE OVERSEAS
Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) is an international development charity that works with volunteers to fight poverty. Accenture has partnered with VSO since 1999, offering our people access to standard 4-24 months overseas volunteering opportunities and short-term 6-12 week placements in VSO programs worldwide. Special VSO/Accenture Challenges (e.g. climbing Kilimanjaro or Mount Everest) are another way our people raise funds for VSO while enjoying life-changing experiences.
Our people contribute to environmental improvements in our offices such as reducing office waste and electricity consumption, embracing alternative travel options (public transport, cycling…) and even sustainable (healthy) food.
Throughout the year, market-relevant eco engagement campaigns help to drive awareness and actions to support environmentally responsible behaviors.
Since January 2010, all Accenture locations in Belgium & Luxembourg have global ISO 14001 certification. This certification is an internationally recognized voluntary certification relating to the environment. Our good environmental practices include:
- Using paperwise, paper made of agri-waste
- Switching from porcelain mugs to cup2paper cups with a lower carbon footprint
- Using green electricity
- Providing eBikes for our people to use for short trips
- Reselling or recycling old laptops and smartphones
- Motion sensors on taps to reduce water consumption
- Business cards printed on recycled paper
- Rainwater recuperation for lavatories in our Brussels office
- Solar panels on the roof of our Brussels office
- Signing the Green Deal for Circular Procurement in June 2017
Inviting environment pioneers and innovators like Loes Vandekerckhove, founder of Pure by Luce, a new sustainable sportswear line in Belgium, to our offices to share their vision.